Chartwells - Sustainability Commitment
- Chartwells has implemented food sourcing policies for purchasing sustainable food products including 100% certified seafood, cage-free shell eggs, hormone and antibiotic-free chicken, turkey, pork, grass-fed beef and rBGH free milk.
- Chartwells offers Fair Trade Certified sustainable coffee on our campus. We are committed to purchasing locally grown and organic produce whenever possible in support of local communities.
- Chartwells promotes food waste awareness through our Project Clean Plate program combined with trayless dining service.
- We have also implemented Chartwells’ Project Green Thumb recycling and composting program on campus. Chartwells recycles cardboard, paper, plastic, glass, and cans.
- We calculate waste using a computer program called Trim Trax to track and measure kitchen waste. Trim Trax buckets throughout the kitchens measure the waste and keep chefs mindful of their trimmings.
- We use biodegradable consumer food packaging, plates, and utensils made from compostable materials such as bamboo and corn byproducts. We provide reusable food and beverage containers as well as reusable shopping bags.
- Our fry oil is recycled for bio-diesel fuel and our facilities use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Chartwells is committed to socially responsible programs and environmentally-friendly practices that benefit our campus and community.
" The Satisfaction with the food service program was taken to a new level with the solutions provided by listening to the students wants and needs."
Have you visited our New York Concept at the Sundowner?