Minimize our impact on the environment with primary focus on REDUCTION. Our approach is to bring awareness and education and implement best practices were viable for waste management, water conservation, energy efficiency, and pollution control.
Encourage responsible and sustainable practices in our supply chains. Our purchasing initiatives provide food choices which celebrate flavor, affirm cultural traditions and support local communities, and include local purchasing, fair trade coffee and sustainable seafood programs.
UMBC in the Community
Support and encourage charitable initiatives and community reinvestment with out associates and partners corporately and locally where we do business.
Nutrition & Wellness
Provide programs and education that foster and promote healthful, productive workplaces and communities for the benefit of our associates and guest. Program include Balanced U, our healthy lifestyles nutrition program, and healthy work place reward and development program
- Cage Free Eggs
- Fair Trade Coffee - Estima at Starbucks, Pura Vida Coffee, and Farmer Brothers at True Grit's
- Produce Purchased from Local Growers
- Use Local Producers - Colora Orchards, Murray's Farm, Arc Green House and Roseda Black Angus Farm.
- Organic options within the convenience stores
- RGBH Free Milk
- Trans-fat free oils
- Free range chicken and pork
- Only serve seafood off of the Monterey Bay Seafood safe list
Educational Programs for Employees to Encourage Recycling and reduction in the dining locations
- Recycle French fry oil
- New Composatble Pepsi Cups, Fresh Fusions containers and silverware, Outtakes Salad containers, Parfait Cups and Wild Greens Salad containers.
- True Grit's composting initative
- Part of the Energy Management Program on campus to reduce electrical consumption
- Reduce paper waste by using LCDs as a form of advertisement
- Use post consumer products - Napkins, paper towels, toilet paper and office paper
- One of the largest recyclers on campus
- Offer reusable bottles and coffee mugs to encourage patrons to forgo paper cups as well as a discount program to encourage use
- Offer reusable grocery bags to cut back on plastic waste
- Minimize our impact on the environment with primary focus on REDUCTION. Our approach is to bring awareness and education and implement best practices were viable for waste management, water conservation, energy efficiency, and pollution control.
- Amnesty program to reduce china and silverware waste