CHARTWELLS SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENT
With education as the primary focus of our business, Chartwells is committed to fostering and promoting sustainable business principles to the Worcester State College community. Our associates will lead by example through activities that minimize our impact on the environment by practicing the 3Rs, with a primary focus on reduction. Our programs will include the necessary information to encourage informed choices on both the foods we consume, and the ways we interact with the natural environment. Charitable donations and active volunteerism by our associates are just some of the ways that Chartwells re-invests in our communities.
Here is a list of just some of the things we are doing everyday, because
Working together, we can make a difference – everyone, everyday, everywhere!
- Zero Trans Fats
- Renewable Packaging
- Cerified Humane / Cage Free Shell Eggs
- rBGH Free (Artificial Growth Hormones) Milk
- Social and Ecological Certified Coffee
- Sustainable Oceans Partnership with Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
- Buy Local Program, purchasing local products when possible
- Poultry and Meats produced without the routine use of human antibiotics
- Waste Reduction Programs including our back of house Trim Trax campaign
- Customer and Associate Nutrition, Health and Wellness Programs and Training
Some of our programs...
Trayless: Trayless focuses on helping customers reduce food waste. This program encourages customers to take only what they plan to eat.
Balanced Choices: Balanced Choices is the Compass Group Nutrition & Wellness program that is designed to provide customers with better-for-you food options and nutrition education materials to assist them in making better food choices. The Balanced Choices campaign EAT-LEARN-LIVE supports the healthy lifestyle philosophy of moderation and variety.